AEM Groups – Product-Specific Groups
Forestry Equipment Council
Forestry specific products including:
- Feller Bunchers
- Tracked and Wheeled Harvesters
- Harvester and Processer Heads
- Log Loaders
- Forestry Excavator Conversions
- Provide a forum where forestry equipment related issues can be freely discussed.
- Market expansion and efficiently serving the needs of the forest harvesting contractors and foresters.
- To improve the image of forestry and forest harvest operations.
- To promote the interests of member Forestry Equipment manufacturers and represent the industry in the spirit of cooperation with a common voice regarding:
- Safety Issues
- Machine Standards, Domestic and International
- Regulatory & Compliance Issues
- Market Statistics
- Market Issues
All AEM members with a direct interest in forestry equipment or forestry related issues are encouraged to join. Although each company has one vote on issues before the council; multiple representatives from a single company may attend meetings and participate in council activities.
Council leadership consists of a Chair and a Vice Chair elected from council membership. Term of office is two years, renewable, with the Vice Chair being the natural successor to the Chair. A nominating committee is appointed to identify officer candidates with AEM staff assistance.
Role of the Forestry Equipment Council
- To Identify and develop industry positions and recommendations on forestry related issues.
- To serve as the voice of the industry when dealing with forestry related issues.
- To develop industry positions regarding regulatory and legislative matters impacting the forestry marketplace.
- To identify and recommend additional services or service improvements to AEM forestry members.
- To provide a defined communication path for staff to address forestry issues.
Organized as a council in 1975.