AEM Groups – Product-Specific Groups
Forestry Equipment Council
Forestry specific products including but not limited to:
- Feller Bunchers
- Tracked and Wheeled Harvesters
- Harvester and Processer Heads
- Log Loaders
- Forestry Excavator Conversions
- To provide a forum where forestry related issues can be openly and freely discussed.
- Market expansion and efficiently serving the needs of the forest harvesting contractors and foresters.
- To improve the image of forestry and forest harvest operations.
- To promote the interests of member Forestry Equipment manufacturers and represent the industry in the spirit of cooperation with a common voice regarding:
- Safety Issues
- Machine Standards, Domestic and International
- Regulatory & Compliance Issues
- Market Statistics
- Market Issues
All AEM members with an interest in forestry equipment or forestry related issues are encouraged to join. Although each company has one vote on issues coming before the council; however, multiple representatives from a single company may attend meetings and participate in Forestry Equipment Council activities.
Leadership of the Council is provided by a Chairman and a Vice Chairman elected from the ranks of the Council’s membership. The Chairman is elected for a two year renewable term with the Vice Chairman being the natural successor. A nominating committee is appointed to identify officer candidates with AEM staff assistance.
Role of the Forestry Equipment Council
- To Identify and develop industry positions and recommendations on forestry related issues.
- To serve as the voice of the industry when dealing with forestry related issues.
- To develop industry positions regarding regulatory and legislative matters impacting the forestry marketplace.
- To identify and recommend additional services or service improvements to AEM forestry members.
- To provide a defined communication path for staff to address forestry issues.
Organized as a council in 1975.