AEM Groups – Product-Specific Groups
Forestry Equipment Council (FoEC)
Forestry specific products including:
- Tracked and Wheeled Feller Bunchers
- Tracked and Wheeled Harvesters
- Harvester and Processer Heads
- Log Loaders
- Forestry Excavator Conversions
- Provide a forum where forestry equipment related issues can be freely discussed.
- Work toward market expansion and efficient service of the needs of forest harvesting contractors and foresters.
- To improve the image of forestry and forest harvest operations.
- To promote the interests of member Forestry Equipment manufacturers and represent forest machine manufacturers with a spirit of cooperation and common voice regarding:
- Operator safety and protection Issues
- Machine standards input and influence, domestic and international
- Regulatory & compliance issues - input and comment
- Confidential market data programs
- Issues affecting markets and market access
All AEM members with a direct interest in forestry equipment or forestry related issues are encouraged to participate. Although each company has one vote on issues before the council; multiple representatives from a single company may attend meetings and participate in council activities.
Council leadership consists of a Chair and a Vice Chair elected from council membership. Term of office is two years, renewable, with the Vice Chair being the natural successor to the Chair. A nominating committee is appointed to identify officer candidates with AEM staff assistance.
Role of the Forestry Equipment Council
- To Identify and develop industry positions and recommendations on forestry related issues.
- To serve as the voice of the industry when dealing with forestry related issues.
- To develop industry positions regarding regulatory and legislative matters impacting the forestry marketplace.
- To identify and recommend additional services or service improvements to AEM forestry members.
- To provide a defined communication path for staff to address forestry issues.
Organized as a council in 1975.