AEM Groups – Product-Specific Groups
Forestry Equipment Council
Forestry specific products including but not limited to:
- Feller Bunchers
- Tracked and Wheeled Harvesters
- Harvester and Processer Heads
- Log Loaders
- Forestry Excavator Conversions
- To provide a forum where forestry related issues can be openly and freely discussed.
- To focus on market expansion and efficiently serving the needs of the loggers and foresters.
- To improve the image of forestry and forestry operations.
- To promote the interests of the member Forestry Equipment manufacturers and to represent the industry in the spirit of cooperation with a common voice regarding:
- Safety Issues
- Regulatory Issues
- Market Statistics
- Market Issues
All AEM members with an interest in forestry equipment or forestry related issues are encouraged to join. Each company has one vote on issues coming before the council; however, multiple representatives from a single company may attend meetings and participate in activities of the Forestry Equipment Council.
Leadership of the Council is provided by a Chairman and a Vice Chairman elected from the ranks of the Council’s membership. The Chairman is elected for a two year renewable term with the Vice Chairman being the natural successor. A nominating committee is appointed to identify possible officer candidates along with AEM staff assistance.
Role of the Forestry Equipment Council
- To Identify and develop industry positions and recommendations on forestry related issues.
- To serve as the voice of the industry when dealing with forestry related issues.
- To develop industry positions regarding regulatory and legislative matters impacting the forestry marketplace.
- To identify and recommend additional services or service improvements to AEM forestry members.
- To provide a defined communication path for staff to address forestry issues.
Organized as a council in 1975.