AEM Groups – Product-Specific Groups
Contractors Pump Bureau (CPB)
The Contractors Pump Bureau (CPB) was formed in 1938 to offer services tailored to the needs of portable contractor pump manufacturers as well as their suppliers.
The CPB promotes matters of mutual interest to contractor pump users, manufacturers and parts and component suppliers.
The purposes of the bureau are to:
- Develop and publish industry standards for contractor pumps and auxiliary equipment.
- Promote the common business interests of its members and the industry as a whole.
- Pursue other activities that may lead to cost effective production, improved customer service and increased knowledge in the manufacture of safer and more efficient products.
Membership in the CPB is open to any AEM member in good standing actively engaged in the manufacture and distribution of portable contractor pumps within the United States or supplying components to the manufacturers of those pumps.
The CPB usually meets twice/yr providing an industry forum for members to share their views on technical-safety issues, domestic and international regulation, and other issues of common interest.
The Bureau has developed:
- the CPB Pump Selection Guide to help users select the correct pump type and size,
- the CPB Pump Efficiency Standard for accurate measurement of pump efficiency and performance,
- the CPB industry standard for measuring sound levels emitted by portable dewatering pumps.
CPB supports a Market Statistics program for members that reports monthly industry shipments for each of 12 categories and sizes of pumps, within and without the U.S and Canada.