AEM Groups – Product-Specific Groups
Manufacturers of Rough Terrain Forklifts Council (MRTFC)
The Manufacturers of Rough Terrain Forklifts Council (MRTFC), which includes manufacturers of vertical mast, variable reach and truck-mounted rough terrain forklifts, focuses on industry issues including national/international standards, safety training and awareness and worldwide statistical reporting.
To promote and further the interests of the Manufacturers of Rough Terrain Forklifts Council on issues related to safety, standards and regulations, statistics and market data, education, public policy and the improvement of the overall industry's image.
Council Activities & Accomplishments
- Development of industry safety sign concepts.
- Development of an AEM Safety Manual for truck-mounted forklifts.
- Developed generic industry safety manuals in English and Spanish.
- Developed an OSHA compliant training program for rough terrain forklift operators.
- Developed brand specific safety videos for each of the three major types of rough terrain forklifts.
- Formation of an industry coalition with other associations to address safety efforts.
- Actively engaged in the development of industry standards on a global basis.
Established in 1985.