Business Intern (Membership, Sales & Customer Service)
Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) is seeking a highly motived team player interested in providing exceptional support to our members and exhibitors and assisting our sales team. The ideal candidate will be flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks, detail oriented, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Business Intern will focus on aspects critical to growth of membership and tradeshows and accuracy of the AEM database that will lead to improved member engagement.
- Prospecting (data mining) from exhibitor lists of competing trade shows to expand list of potential exhibitors for AEM Tradeshows.
- Prospecting (data mining) companies to become members.
- Making phone calls related to trade shows and member opportunities.
- Updating contact changes for email blast bounce-backs (data hygiene).
- Data entry of contracts, space applications, prospects, exhibitor contact info.
- Pulling SMART (internal database) reports (exhibitor lists, collections, etc.).
- Workshops on career-pathing, networking, resume building, Microsoft Excel, and more.
- Thorough performance review process.
- Intern group lunches and activities.
- Professional photoshoot.
- Volunteering opportunities.
AEM is the leading organization in North America advancing construction and agriculture equipment manufacturers and their value chain partners in the global marketplace. In enabling growth together, AEM and its members build momentum for the equipment manufacturing industry and the markets it serves.
Our staff is enthusiastic and passionate about what they do, our office space is really cool, our dress code is casual, and we hold several staff functions and are involved in community service.