Milwaukee, WI (Hybrid)
Do you want to produce the largest tradeshow in North America? Keep reading...we’re looking for an individual to drive the operational planning and strategic direction guiding our onsite processes for CONEXPO-CON/AGG. Held once every three years, attracting nearly 140,000 participants, spanning over 130 acres, our award-winning Tradeshow is looking for an individual who excels at executing business operations and logistics through collaborative relationships.
Join the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and be part of a dynamic force shaping the future of off-road equipment manufacturing. We go beyond advocating for pro manufacturing policies – we're pioneers tackling the industry's top challenges. AEM’s over 1,000 member companies manufacture the equipment that builds, feeds, and powers our world. From our headquarters in Milwaukee, we champion the agriculture and construction sectors, creating a powerhouse network that fuels lasting connections and empowers manufacturers to make informed business decisions.
The Operations Director position is responsible for the planning, execution and management of our CONEXPO-CON/AGG tradeshow operations, facilitation, and logistics. The position maintains high quality services and programs that support a positive attendee/exhibitor experience and contributes to the overall ROI of AEM tradeshows.Responsibilities:
- Leadership of a direct report
- Work closely with internal staff and external partners to develop, implement and execute on operational logistics for our premiere tradeshow CONEXPO-CON/AGG in areas such as:
- Show décor and signage
- Show rules and regulations
- Services layout and space utilization management
- Create, produce and revise floorplans using ExpoCAD/AutoCAD or similar software
- On site event transportation program and traffic control
- Venue security and safety plans
- Crisis management planning and preparedness
- Show mobile app and online directories
- Oversee, track and manage the $30M CONEXPO-CON/AGG Operations budget
- Negotiate and finalize venue and operational vendor contracts
- Manage major contractor vendors and oversee implementation of business operating plans
- Function as Operations Lead on-site at designated venue during move-in, show days and move-out
- Work collaboratively with AEM member companies, exhibitors and industry groups towards the overall success of the show
- Liaise with executives to get direction and buy-in on show services and programs by co-leading the CONEXPO-CON/AGG Event Services Committee
- Assist in future date and venue research, procurement and tracking
A successful candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field and will have 7-10 years’ relevant experience. Previous experience working in event operations or large-scale event management is a plus. The person in this position must be comfortable working in a team-focused environment and must be a motivated self-starter with great attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership
- Extensive experience organizing and prioritizing long term project planning.
- Strong working knowledge of tradeshow operations logistics.
- Ability and ability to adapt under pressure.
- Excellent customer services skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.