Groups by type
Groups by sector
- Provide oversight of the Association’s financial resources by reporting accurate and reliable information to the AEM Board of Directors.
- Monitor, manage and protect the assets of the Association by providing an adequate system of financial controls.
- Recommend AEM budget to the Board and oversee the budget throughout the year.
Review and recommend to the AEM Board of Directors for approval:
- The annual budget.
- The investment policies and guidelines of the Association.
- External auditor selection and the annual audit.
- A long-range program to assure the financial viability of the Association.
- Any other finance-related tasks as directed by the AEM Board of Directors.
- Monitor AEM 2024 actual financial results versus budget.
- Monitor AEM cash flows and financial viability of individual exhibitions, programs and services.
- Continue to assess financial projections for AEM with an emphasis on the CONEXPO-CON/AGG 3-year show cycle, currently 2024 to 2026.
- Review and recommend AEM 2025 budget to Board of Directors for approval.
- Chaired by the AEM Treasurer. Serves a one-year term. Elected by the AEM Board of Directors each November. In practice, Treasurer serves two to three consecutive one-year terms.
- 15 to 18 members. A cross-section of individuals is selected based on financial, AEM trade show and member services background.
- AEM seeks top or high-level executives and financial leaders from member companies to serve, with an emphasis on diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, age and background along with diversity of product groups.
- The committee aims to have a 70-30 split between Directors and non-Directors.
- Terms of two years with approximately 50% of the committee anticipated to turn over each year.
- Three to four virtual meetings throughout the year depending on activities and issues.
- In-person meeting attendance at AEM’s Milwaukee office is welcomed.