Groups by type
Groups by sector
- Guide the development and implementation of plans to recruit, retain and engage members.
- Provide guidance on membership classifications and value propositions.
- Review and provide strategic input to staff on member recruitment, engagement, retention and renewals programs and associated marketing and communications plans.
- Review membership categories and eligibility and recommend any changes to the AEM Board.
- Provide direction and recommendations on the AEM member engagement initiative.
- Provide direction on onboarding, benefits awareness and core services messaging.
- Provide direction and actively engage in the recruitment and retention of select key prospects and members.
- Act as ambassadors for AEM at all AEM events, regional member meetings and for new members at the AEM Annual Conference.
- Review membership and membership marketing metrics.
- Committee leadership consists of a Chair and Vice Chair.
- The Chair is appointed by the AEM Chair to a one-year term each November from committee representatives, usually from the AEM Board of Directors.
- The Chair typically serves two one-year terms. There are no term limits.
- The Vice Chair then assumes the Chair position.
- Approximately 20-25 members, including AEM Directors, Sector Board Directors and non-Director members, representing a cross-section of the AEM membership.
- Committee terms are two years, with half the committee being selected each year. Members can be reappointed.
- The committee aims to have a 50-50 split between Directors and non-Directors.
- Either a face-to-face meeting or virtual meeting is held one to two times each year, as determined by membership issues and activities for each year.