Safety & Product Leadership Council (SPLC)
Groups by type
Groups by sector
- This Council, serving as the advocate in the Association, provides the strategic and operational direction for AEM’s Safety and Product Leadership programs and initiatives.
- Coordinate and prioritize goals and objectives for Safety and Product Leadership issues.
- Ensure early recognition of emerging Safety and Product Leadership related issues.
- Determine the strategic direction of the Association’s Safety and Product Leadership activities and programs.
- Assist in the development and resourcing of programs to effectively address Safety and Product Leadership related issues.
- Communicate with the AEM AG and CE Sector Board of Directors on technical matters.
- Annually review AEM’s financial and staff support of standards activities.
- Review and approve recommendations for new services and activities.
- The SPLC consists of AEM members who serve as chair or vice chair of an active Safety and Product Leadership group.
- AEM Staff may appoint additional members as required by the SPLC. (e.g. product category representation, industry projects, or specific standards work).
- Only full-time employees of AEM member companies can serve on the SPLC.
- Only members serving as a chair or vice-chair are allowed to vote on items as required.
- The Safety and Product Leadership Council will meet three times per year: twice in person and once via conference call or Teams.
- Additional meetings may be held to focus on specific Sector related prioritization.
- The chair may also convene a conference call as needed in preparation for the in-person meetings or to address specific issues.