AEM is pleased to share the 2023 National Association of Agricultural Educators CASE Institute Scholarship for agriculture educators winners.
A total of $64,400 was awarded to 39 agricultural educators from 17 states to help support reaching students with ag science curriculums and encourage individuals to pursue careers in the industry.
“AEM is once again very proud to be a part of a program that works diligently to give back to those in agriculture educator positions,” said AEM Vice President of People Strategy Julie Davis. “The CASE Institute scholarships assist educators in their efforts to take their programs to the next level, as well as help train and develop the ag industry’s workforce of tomorrow.”
Teachers from the following states were awarded scholarships:
- North Dakota
- New York
- South Dakota
Thirteen teachers attended Agricultural Equipment Maintenance and Technology (Future Technicians) CASE Institutes at the following locations:
- SUNY – Cobleskill, New York
- Central Lakes College, Staples, Minnesota
- Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas
Eighteen teachers attended Agricultural Power and Technology (Future Engineers) CASE Institutes at the following locations:
- North Dakota State University – Fargo, North Dakota
- Pontiac Township High School – Pontiac, Illinois
Eight teachers attended Small Gas Engines BriefCASE Institutes at the following locations:
- Pennsylvania Association of Agricultural Educators – Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- Kansas State University – Manhattan, Kansas
- Central Lakes College, Holdingford, Minnesota
- Washington State University – Pulman, Washington
“Over the past several years, the scholarships AEM has helped provide have allowed teachers to reach thousands of people with their ag science curriculums and excite them about a future in the industry,” said Davis.
Teachers self-reported the student impact of the scholarships on their programs. The total number of students who benefitted was 2,174. AEM member company leaders should forward information about National Association of Agriculture Educators CASE Institute Scholarship to their local high school principals to encourage participation in the scholarship and program.
To be eligible, an applicant must be:
- A current NAEE member
- A certified agriculture teacher who will be employed or is seeking employment for all of 2024 in a program with a CASE course
- Registered for a CASE Institute
For more information, contact AEM’s Julie Davis at email@example.com.
For more AEM news and updates, subscribe to the AEM Industry Advisor.