Statistics Executive Committee (SEC)
Groups by type
Groups by sector
Define and direct the policies and procedures of the AEM North American Market Statistics Program.
- Ensure that the actions, programs, and activities of the Statistics Council are consistent with the policies and determinations of AEM and its Board.
- The SEC will resolve any conflicts in the relationship of product reporting versus committee. If companies petition the SEC to establish a new committee, the SEC will review and guide the group in organizing a committee or determine if it best fits in an existing committee.
- Guidance and direction for the individual committees. Act as final authority on disputed issues at the committee level.
- Define the structure of the Product Segments and how they relate to mandatory reporting requirements and SEC membership.
- Provide input on the future of statistical, system, and program activities to the committees, staff, IPC and Board.
- Oversight and resolution of data integrity issues.
- Monitor and update the AEM Statistics Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Vice Chair may opt to form a Policy and Procedures Review subcommittee.
- Review and approve or decline changes presented by the subcommittee.
- Maintain liaison as appropriate with Intercontinental Statistical Committee.
- Establish new rules for sharing of highly aggregated data as approved by the Ag and CE Sector board in August and November 2022 meetings.
- Finalize recommendation to HAI on its establishment of Data Retention policy.
- Reconcile Canadian Geography into iStat system, which are adjusted by Canadian Census results.